Your privacy is a top priority for Tune2Love. Your privacy is at the core of how we design and build the services and products you know and love so that you can fully trust them and focus on building meaningful connections.
We appreciate that you put your trust in us when you provide us with your information and we do not take it for granted.
We do not compromise your privacy. We design all of our products and services with your privacy in mind. We involve experts from various fields, including legal, security, engineering, product design, and others to make sure that no decision is taken without respect for your privacy.
We work hard to keep your information secure. We have teams dedicated to keeping your data safe and secure. We constantly update our security practices and invest in our security efforts to enhance the safety of your information.
Tune2Love is operated by Tune2Love LLC, which may be contacted at 4034 Willow Grove Road Camden, DE 19934, USA.
Thank you for spending your time reading it.
We appreciate that you trust us with your information and we intend always to keep that trust. This starts with making sure that you understand the information we collect, why we collect it, how it is used, and your choices regarding your information. This Policy describes our privacy practices in plain language, keeping legal and technical jargon to a minimum.
1. Who we are
Postal address: 4034 Willow Grove Road Camden, DE 19934, United States.
3. Information we collect
It goes without saying, we can’t help you develop meaningful connections without some information about you, such as basic profile details and the types of people you’d like to meet. We also collect information generated as you use our services, for example, access logs, as well as information from third parties, like when you access our services through a social media account. If you want additional info, we go into more detail below.
Information you give us
You choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your gender and date of birth.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details on your personality, lifestyle, interests, and other details about you, as well as content such as photos and videos. To add certain content, like photos or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, for example, your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation, and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information.
- When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us (rather than through a platform such as iOS or Android), you provide us or our payment service provider with information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
- When you participate in surveys or focus groups, you give us your insights into our products and services, responses to our questions, and testimonials.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events, or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our customer care team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service.
- Of course, we also process your chats with other users as well as the content you publish, as part of the operation of the services.
Information we receive from others
In addition to the information you provide us directly, we receive information about you from others, including:
- Google Account
You may be able to use your Google account to create and log into your Tune2Love account. This saves you from having to remember yet another username and password.
- Other Partners
We may receive information about you from our partners, for instance, where our ads are published on a partner's websites and platforms (in which case they may pass along details on a campaign's success).
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about which features you’ve used, how you’ve used them, and the devices you use to access our services. See below for more details:
- Usage Information
We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., the date and time you logged in, profiles you viewed, swiped left/right, added to bookmarks, blocked, reported, searches you made, and pages that have been shown to you), how you interact with other users (e.g., users you connect and interact with, time and date of your exchanges, number of messages you send and receive) and how you’ve been using other features.
- Device information
We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including:
- hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific and apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, and advertising IDs (such as Google’s AAID and Apple's IDFA, both of which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device's settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address);
- information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength;
- information on device sensors such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, and compasses.
- Other information with your consent
If you give us permission, we can collect your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude) through various means, depending on your service and device, including GPS, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi connections. The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren’t using the services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. If you decline permission for us to collect your geolocation, we will not collect it.
Similarly, if you consent, we may collect your photos and videos (for instance, if you want to publish a photo or video on the services).
4. Data collection technologies
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome) have a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature that tells a website that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. If a website that responds to a DNT signal receives a DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option, and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many businesses, including Tune2Love, do not currently respond to DNT signals.
5. What do we use your Data for?
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your info to help keep you safe and to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons we use your information, together with practical examples.
To administer your account and provide our services to you:
- Create and manage your account;
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests;
- Complete your transactions;
- Communicate with you about our services, including order management and billing.
To help you connect with other users:
- Analyze your profile and that of other users to recommend meaningful connections;
- Show users’ profiles to one another.
To ensure a consistent experience across your devices:
- Link the various devices you use so that you can enjoy a consistent experience of our services on all of them. We do this by linking devices and browser data, such as when you log into your account on different devices, or by using partial or full IP addresses, browser versions,s and similar data about your devices to help identify and link them.
To serve you relevant offers and ads:
- Administer contests, discounts, or other offers;
- Develop, display and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites;
- Communicate with you by email, phone or mobile device about products or services that we think may interest you.
To improve our services and develop new ones:
- Administer focus groups and surveys;
- Conduct research and analysis of users’ behavior to improve our services and content (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on users’ behavior);
- Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from users).
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities:
- Address ongoing or alleged misbehavior on and off-platform;
- Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities;
- Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent recurrences.
To ensure legal compliance:
- Comply with legal requirements;
- Assist law enforcement;
- Enforce or exercise our rights, for example, our Terms.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
Provide our service to you
Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service to build meaningful connections, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile, to make it viewable to other users, and to recommend other users to you.
We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users’ behavior on our services to continuously improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection, and other legal purposes.
6. How we share information.
Since our goal is to help you make meaningful connections, the main sharing of users’ information is, of course, with other users. We also share some users’ information with service providers and partners who assist us in operating the services, with other Datertainment industries Inc. companies and, in some cases, legal authorities. Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others.
6.1 With Other Users:
You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is the stuff you're comfortable with being publically viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it.
6.2 With Our Service Providers and Partners:
We use third parties to help us operate and improve our Services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing, and security operations. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct to provide our requested service.
We may also share information with partners who distribute and assist us in advertising our Services. For instance, we may share limited information on you in hashed, non-human readable form to advertising partners.
We follow a strict vetting process before engaging any service provider or working with any partner. All of our service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
6.3 When Required by Law:
We may disclose your information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government/law enforcement investigation, or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
6.4 To Enforce Legal Rights:
We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and the legal rights of our users, business partners, or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
6.5 Monitor and Fraud Prevention Services:
Moderators to monitor activity on the site/apps and approve content. Fraud prevention and anti-spam providers protect the service from criminal activity.
Also, we use third-party services in connection with preventing fraud and other damage to our system. We may provide such services with your IP and device data should your account be terminated for fraud or behavior that is damaging to our Service. This information will be retained indefinitely for the protection of our Service and users.
We may use and share non-personal information (meaning information that, by itself, does not identify who you are such as device information, general demographics, general behavioral data, geolocation in de-identified form), as well as personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, under any of the above circumstances. We may also share this information with other Tune2Love sites and third parties (notably advertisers) to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our services and on websites or applications of third parties and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine this information with additional non-personal information or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form collected from other sources.
7. Cross-border data transfers.
The sharing of information laid out in Section 6 involves cross-border data transfers to the United States of America and other jurisdictions that may have different laws about data processing. When we transfer personal information outside of the EEA, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, or other countries, in which data protection laws have been deemed adequate by the European Commission or other competent governmental bodies, we use standard contract clauses (standard contractual clauses are commitments between companies transferring personal data, binding them to protect the privacy and security of your data) or other appropriate transfer mechanisms. We are currently in the process of reviewing transfers to our vendors and associated legal basis further to the recent Court of Justice for the European Union’s ruling on transfers of personal data to the USA.
8. Your rights
We want you to be in control of your information, so we have provided you with the following tools:
- Access / Update tools in the service
Tools and account settings that help you to access, rectify or delete information that you provided to us and that’s associated with your account directly within the service. If you have any questions about those tools and settings, please contact our customer care team for help at [email protected]
- Device permissions
Mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as phone book and location services as well as push notifications. You can change your settings on your device to either consent to or oppose the collection of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
You can delete your account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service.
We want you to be aware of your privacy rights. Here are a few key points to remember:
- Reviewing your information
Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal information we keep about you (depending on the jurisdiction, this may be called the right of access, right of portability, or variations of those terms). You can request a copy of your personal information by putting in such a request to [email protected]
- Updating your information
If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are no longer entitled to use it and want to request its rectification, deletion, or object to its processing, please contact us [email protected]
For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests.
Keep in mind, we may reject requests, including if we are unable to authenticate you, if the request is unlawful or invalid, or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy or other rights of someone else. If you wish to receive information relating to another user, such as a copy of any messages you received from them through our service, the other user will have to contact us to submit a separate request for their information. We may also ask them to provide proof of identity before we can answer the request.
Also, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to or restrict the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore. For instance, we cannot provide our service if we do not have your date of birth and thus cannot ensure that you are 18 years of age or older.
In certain countries, including the EEA and the United Kingdom, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal information. You can find information about your data protection regulator in the EEA here and in the United Kingdom here. The data protection authority you can lodge a complaint with may be that of your habitual residence, where you work, or where an alleged infringement took place.
9. How we protect your information.
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information. As with all technology companies, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage, and processing practices to update our physical, technical, and organizational security measures.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by emailing [email protected]
Meetville has assigned a Data Protection Officer that can be reached by email: [email protected]
10. Residents of the State of California
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have certain rights with respect to the personally identifying information you provide to us.
Copies of Your Personally-Identifying Information.
For free, up to two times in any twelve months, you are entitled to obtain the following information for the immediately preceding twelve-month period:
- The categories of information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources of the information we have collected about you;
- The purpose for which we have collected such information about you;
- A copy of the personally identifying information we have collected about you; and,
- To be informed if we have sold or disclosed your personally identifying information to a third party and for what purpose.
In order to obtain a copy of this information with respect to your account, you may email using the following information:
Email address: [email protected]
We will require certain information to confirm that you, the account holder, are requesting the information for your privacy and protection. If there is no information associated with your account that we can verify, such as your email address or other information, we may not complete your request. Responsive information will only be delivered to the email address assigned to the subject account for your protection. For an email address to be "assigned to an account" as used herein, it means the email address to which you receive account security notifications such as account recovery instructions;
11. Data Retention.
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and as applicable law permits. To protect the safety and security of our users on and off our Services, we implement a safety retention window of six months following account deletion unless there is a technical difficulty. During this period, some of your account information will be retained, although the account will, of course, not be visible on the Services anymore. In practice, we delete or anonymize your information upon the deletion of your account (following the safety retention window) or after 10 years of continuous inactivity. An account is considered inactive when the Application of the Member has not established contact with Tune2Love servers, and the Member has not used the Application. In any event, the Account of a Premium Member is not considered inactive.
- we must keep it to comply with applicable law (for instance, some “traffic data” is kept for one year to comply with statutory data retention obligations) as well as to prevent bot systems that are abusing the system;
- there is an outstanding issue, claim, or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved, or
- the information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behavior or security incidents from opening a new account.
Correspondence with our Customer Support team will be retained for longer to allow us to deal with any subsequent queries you may have but will usually be deleted within 10 years if there are no queries.
Anonymized information about activity on our Services is retained for more extended periods for statistical and product research purposes, but this is not attributable to an individual once the profile has been deleted.
Keep in mind that even though our systems are designed to carry out data deletion processes according to the above guidelines, we cannot promise that all data will be deleted within a specific time frame due to technical constraints.
12. Age and children’s privacy.
Our Services are restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not permit users under the age of 18 on our platform, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you suspect that a user is under 18, please use the reporting mechanism available through the service. Suppose we become aware that a child, minor, or anyone under 18 has registered with us and provided us with personal data. In that case, we will take steps to terminate that person's registration and delete their profile information from our Services. If we do delete a Profile because you violated our no children rule, we may retain basic account and profile information to ensure that you do not try to get around our rules by creating a new profile.
13. JOB CANDIDATES, CONTRACTORS, AND VENDOR REPRESENTATIVES
If you are a job applicant, the personal information we process about you may vary depending on the job you seek but typically includes what you provide to us as part of your job application as well as professional qualifications, background, and reference information that recruiters or other third parties share with us. We use this information to support the recruitment process, which may lead to an employment contract. For contractors and vendor representatives, we may process identification information and work-related information, as necessary to manage our relationship with you and your employer, which is necessary for the performance of the services agreement, and to establish, exercise, or defend potential legal claims. We may share personal information with service providers that assist us with recruitment and technical data processing operations as well as with other companies (for instance if you have a business relationship with employees of an affiliate). We keep your personal information only as long as necessary for those purposes.
14. Legal basis for data processing (EEA ONLY).
In this section, we are letting you know what legal basis we use for each particular purpose of processing.
This section applies only to EEA-based users.
EEA - includes all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
We process your personal data under the following legal bases:
14.1 your consent;
14.2 to perform our contract with you;
Under this legal basis we:
• Provide the Service
• Customize your experience
• Communicate with you regarding your use of the Service
• Verify your identity
• Manage your account and provide you with customer support
• Provide you customer service and support
• Process your payments
14.3 for our (or others') legitimate interests, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data;
We rely on legitimate interests:
• to communicate with you regarding your use of our Service
This includes, for example, sending you notifications indicating that you have received a new message. The legitimate interest we rely on for this purpose is our interest in encouraging you to use our Service more often. We also take into account the potential benefits to you.
• to research and analyze your use of the Service
Our legitimate interest for this purpose is our interest in improving our Service so that we understand users' preferences and are able to provide you with a better experience (for example, to make the use of the Service more accessible and enjoyable, or to introduce and test new features).
• to send you marketing communications
The legitimate interest we rely on for this processing is our interest in promoting our Service in a measured and appropriate way.
• to personalize our ads
The legitimate interest we rely on for this processing is our interest in promoting our service reasonably targeted.
14.4 to comply with legal obligations. Under this lawful basis, we, in particular, verify your identity.
In case of making significant changes, we will notify you before any material changes take effect, through our applications or by other means of communication, for example, by email. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you have time to review the changes. Your use of the services after receiving such notifications means your acceptance of the amended Policy.
16. How to contact us.
By email: [email protected]
4034 Willow Grove Road
Camden, DE 19934