Keeping the privacy of users is the key priority for Tune2Love. We keep user safety in mind while designing and building our products. Your trust in our services and products is the best reward for our efforts.
Your privacy is crucial to us. To guarantee the highest level of privacy, we invite experts in different domains and fields, including legal, security, engineering, and product design. We thoroughly plan everything to ensure your complete safety.
You can know everything about how we use your data. Privacy policies are often written in very complicated language that can confuse a user. We have created our policy in plain language so that you can understand every word in it.
We do our best to guarantee your information security. Tune2Love has special teams aimed to keep your data safe. We regularly update our security tools to raise the level of your safety.
Tune2Love is operated by Tune2Love LLC, which may be contacted at 4034 Willow Grove Road Camden, DE 19934, USA.
Thank you for reading it.
We are grateful for your trust and we commit ourselves to protect your data and keep your trust in the future. In this policy, we explain how we collect your information, why we collect it, how it is used, and what options you have regarding your information usage. This Policy is intentionally created in plain language, keeping legal and technical jargon to a minimum.
1. Who we are
Postal address: 4034 Willow Grove Road Camden, DE 19934, United States
3. Information we collect
We can’t assist you in developing a meaningful connection with other users unless we collect some of your data. We need to know the basic profile details and the types of people want to find through our services. Tune2Love also stores information about the usage of our services, such as access logs and social media data. You can find below a detailed description of the data that we collect.
Information that users provide us
You provide the following info to start using our services.
- To create an account, you provide us with your login credentials and the basic details required to run the matching engine, such as your gender and date of birth.
- While completing your profile, you are welcome to share some additional information that can help you find an ideal match. This includes your personality description, lifestyle, interests, photos, and videos. Adding some types of content, such as images and video, requires access to your camera and photo album. Also, please, note that some data that you provide can be regarded as special in some areas, for example, your religious preferences, your race, and ethnicity. However, if you provide this information, you automatically agree that we can process it.
- At the moment, when you subscribe to a paid service or pay for our products directly through our website (without using iOS or Android), you give us or our payment service provider your financial data, including your debit or credit card number.
- We understand your feelings and impressions about our services if you take part in our surveys or give us feedback and testimonials.
- You also give us information by registering and participating in promotions and events.
- If you contact our support team, we keep all the information that we get in this communication. We use this information to track the efficiency of our support and monitor the quality of our services.
- To protect our users from scammers and enable the operation of services, we process user chats and the content that users publish on Tune2Love.
Information we collect from others
Tune2Love also processes the data collected from third-party services, such as:
- Google Account
Our services allow you to use a Google account to create and log into your Tune2Love account. This is a good option to save time for creating and remembering passwords.
- Other Partners
Our partners can also be the sources of our information. For example, the ads displayed on the websites of our partners also allow us to collect the information linked with the campaign's success.
Information about the usage of our services
We collect information about how users interact with our features and which devices they use.
- Usage Information
We gather and analyze how users interact with our services. For example, we process how users log in, who they view, swipe, report, and block, which pages they view, how they interact with other users, and what features they use and ignore.
- Device information
Tune2Love gets the data about the devices that you use to interact with our services. For example, we use the following data:
- hardware and software information, including IP address, device ID and type, apps settings and characteristics, data about app crashes, advertising IDs (such as Google’s AAID and Apple's IDFA), browser type, version, and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers of your device in browser (connected with cookies or other technologies);
- data about your wireless and mobile network connection, including your service provider and signal strength;
- information gathered from your device sensors such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, and compasses.
- Other information collected with your consent
After you give permission, we can also collect your geolocation (latitude and longitude) using the means provided by your devices, such as GPS, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi. Your geolocation data can be collected in the background if you don’t decline this permission. Also, if you give permission, we can collect the photos and videos that you want to publish.
Outbound Links and third-party services
4. Data collection technologies
The Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature is included in some web browsers (e.g., Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome). This feature requires a website to receive and respond to DNT signals. As the signals are not uniform and many browsers don’t offer this feature, Tune2Love for now doesn’t respond to them.
5. How do we use your information?
We need your information only to deliver and improve our services. This information helps us to ensure your safety and deliver only the advertisements that are relevant to you. Below we give a few examples of how we use your information.
To administer your account and deliver our services to you:
- Add and manage your account;
- Deliver customer support and answer your requests;
- Fulfill your transactions;
- Interact with you regarding our services so as to manage orders and billing.
To assist you in communication with other users:
- Analyze the profiles of users to recommend relevant connections;
- Show the profiles of members to one another.
To make the experience consistent and flawless across your devices:
- We connect different devices that you use to make the experience of our services consistent and flawless across all platforms. To enable such a smooth connection, we link the data from devices and browsers (for example, when you log in, which devices and browser you use).
To offer you relevant services and ads:
- Manage discounts;
- Manage offers;
- Create, deliver, and analyze the performance of content and ads on our services and other sites;
- Interact with you via email, phone, or mobile phone about products or services that may be interesting to you.
To create services and enhance the existing ones:
- Administer focus groups;
- Manage surveys;
- Research and analyze the behavior of our members so as to improve our services and content (for instance, we analyze user behavior to make decisions regarding new features);
- Create new functionality and plan new services (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature based on the requests received from users).
To prevent and confront scams and any illegal activities:
- Deal with improper behavior of users on and outside the platform;
- Conduct data analysis to design countermeasures against scams;
- Store information related to fraudulent activities to avoid similar cases in the future.
To guarantee legal compliance:
- Adhere to legal requirements;
- Assist law enforcement;
- Enforce or exercise our rights, for example, our Terms.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
Deliver our services
The main reason why we need to process your data is to deliver a high level of services to you. In the contract that we sign with you, we promise to help you create meaningful connections. Keeping your information enables us to make your profile viewable, and improve the recommendation mechanism.
We can use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For example, by analyzing the behavior of members, we gather insights on how to enhance our services. We also use the member data to find offers that can interest them. User data helps us perform administrative, fraud detection, and other legal tasks.
6. How we share information
The main goal of Tune2Love is to help people create meaningful connections. You can share information with other users through our services. Tune2Love also has to share user information with service providers and partners who assist us in managing the services, with other Datertainment industries Inc. companies and, in some cases, legal authorities. Below you can find more details about how Tune2Love shares information with others.
6.1 With Other Members of Tune2Love:
When you fill in the information in your profile you agree that this information will be visible to other users. Please share with other users and in your profile only the information which you are ready to disclose publicly. We can’t control how other users deal with your information once you disclose it.
6.2 With Our Service Providers and Partners:
Third parties help us manage and enhance the quality of our services. They assist us with various tasks, such as data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing, and security operations. Third-party service providers may access your personal data but can use it only to deliver services to you.
Tune2Love may also share information with partners who are responsible for advertising our services. For example, we may share very limited information on you in hashed, non-human readable form to advertising partners.
We follow a strict and precise process before starting to work with any service provider or partner. All service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
6.3 When Required by Law:
Tune2Love can disclose your information if it is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government/law enforcement investigation, or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
6.4 To Enforce Legal Rights:
Tune2Love may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and the legal rights of our users, business partners, or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
6.5 For Fraud Prevention Services:
Moderators watch the activity on the site/apps and approve content so as to detect and fight fraudsters and scammers before they can harm users. Our partners who provide fraud prevention and anti-spam services protect the website from criminal activity.
In addition, we use third-party services that are needed to maintain the optimal level of system security. We may provide such services with your IP and device data in case your account gets terminated for fraud or behavior that is damaging to our service. This information will be retained indefinitely for the protection of our service and users.
Please note that we may use and share non-personal information. This data by itself does not identify who you are, for example, device information, general demographics, general behavioral data, or geolocation in de-identified form. In addition, we can share personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, under any of the above circumstances. We may also share this information with other Tune2Love sites and third parties (notably advertisers) to deliver targeted advertising on our services and on websites or applications of third parties and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may complement this information with other non-personal information or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form gathered through other sources.
7. Cross-border data transfers
Data sharing mentioned in Section 6 involves cross-border data transfers to the United States of America and other jurisdictions that may have different laws about data processing.
There can be cases when we transfer personal information outside of the EEA, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, or other countries, in which data protection laws have been deemed adequate by the European Commission or other competent governmental bodies. In these cases, we apply standard contract clauses or other appropriate transfer mechanisms. Please note that standard contractual clauses are commitments between companies transferring personal data, binding them to protect the privacy and security of your data.
We are currently in the process of reviewing transfers to our vendors and associated legal basis further to the recent Court of Justice for the European Union’s ruling on transfers of personal data to the USA.
8. Your rights
At Tune2Love, we want you to have full control of your information. For that, we give you the following tools:
- Access / Update tools in the service
You get the functionality that allows you to access, edit, or delete all the data that you share with us and that’s linked to your profile directly within the service. To get more information about how to use these tools and settings, please, address our customer care team at [email protected]
- Device permissions
Mobile platforms are equipped with permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications. For example, applications get access to push notifications, phone books, or locations if you give them permission. These settings can be changed on your device. You have the option to give your consent or decline it, and then you won’t get notifications or your information won’t be sent. However, consent to use particular phone functionality can be necessary for the service to work, and then, by declining the access, you prevent the application or service from functioning.
You can delete your account by using the relevant feature on the service.
Tune2Love also wants you to be aware of your rights. Please, read below to learn about the main points:
- Reviewing your information
You have the right to view the personal information that we store about you. These rights are stated in specific privacy laws, which can be called the right of access, the right of portability, or variations of those terms. To get this information, please request a copy from the support team via [email protected].
- Updating your information
Sometimes you may want to edit, delete, or decline our processing of your information. So if you understand that the information we have about you is incorrect or that we are no longer allowed to use it, please, contact us at [email protected] protect our users against fraudsters, we ask them to give proof of their identity before answering requests for personal information.
There are cases when we can reject the request, for example, if we can’t authenticate you, if your request is against the law, if it can violate the privacy, intellectual property, or other rights of other people. Likewise, if you want to get data about the messages from other users, we will ask them for their request and consent as well.
Please, note that we can’t satisfy all the requests to restrict personal data processing because some requests can impede service delivery. For example, we need your date of birth to make sure that you are over 18 years old and can use our services.
Some countries, such as the EEA and the United Kingdom, give the right to make an official complaint about how we process your personal information through the appropriate data protection authority. To get more information about data protection regulation in the EEA, please, check here, and for more information in the United Kingdom, please, address here. The data protection authority you can lodge a complaint with may be that of your habitual residence, where you work, or where an alleged infringement took place.
- Reviewing your information
9. How we protect your information
We constantly improve our services to protect your data from illegal access, unauthorized changes, disclosure, or elimination. However, though we take all the possible steps to keep your data safe, we can’t promise complete security of your information.
We often check our systems to identify potential threats and often review our processes and practices regarding information collection, storage, and processing. We do our best to timely update our physical, technical, and organizational security measures.
Please note that we can pause your membership if we notice a security breach. If you also think that your information security is in danger, please, notify us as soon as possible by emailing [email protected].
10. Residents of the State of California
If you reside in California, please, note that the California Consumer Privacy Act gives you certain rights related to the personally identifying information that you provide to Tune2Love.
Duplicates of Your Personally-Identifying Information.
You can get the following information for free up to two times in any twelve months. The information can be only about the immediately preceding twelve-month period:
- The categories of information we have gathered about you;
- The categories of sources of the information we have gathered about you;
- The purpose for which we have gathered such information about you;
- A copy of the personally identifying information we have gathered about you; and,
- Notification if we have sold or disclosed your personally identifying information to a third party and for what purpose.
To get this information about your account, please, drop an email at [email protected].
Our team will have to check that you are the account holder. For that, we will ask you to verify your email address or other information. However, if we can’t verify it, we can’t complete the request. Information can be sent only to a verified email address linked to your account. Only this email can be used for security-related procedures, such as getting recovery instructions.
11. Data Retention
Your data is stored only for the time needed to deliver services to you and in line with the law and regulations. However, so as to ensure the safety of our users both on Tune2Love and offline, we also have a safety retention window of a six-month period after the account deletion (if there are no technical issues). Within this timeframe, some of your account information will be kept. Your deleted account will not be visible on the Services anymore. After the safety retention timeframe, we delete or anonymize your information completely. We can also delete your account after 10 years of continuous inactivity. By inactive account, we mean the user who doesn’t use the Application and whose Member Application has not established contact with Tune2Love servers. The Account of a Premium Member is not considered inactive.
- we must keep some data to comply with the law and prevent bots from abusing the system. For example, some “traffic data” is kept for 12 months to abide by statutory data retention obligations;
- we have to keep the needed information if there is a related and unresolved issue, claim, or dispute;
- we have to keep some information for our legitimate business interests, including fraud prevention and improving users' security measures. For example, we can keep the information of a user who was banned for unsafe behavior or security incidents so as to prevent them from creating a new account and repeating the crime.
The data about the interaction with our support team is also kept for some time so as to let us deal with any subsequent queries if you have them. This data will be deleted within 10 years if no queries appear.
Anonymized data regarding the activity on our Services is stored for a longer timeframe because we need it for statistical and product research purposes. However, this doesn’t relate to the users whose profiles have been deleted.
Our systems are designed automatically delete data according to the above guidelines, however, we cannot promise that all data will be absent straight after the mentioned time because of technical constraints.
12. Age and children’s privacy
Tune2Love Services are available only to users who are over 18 years old. So we do not gather information on people under 18. Should you notice someone younger than 18 on Tune2Love, please, report or contact our support center.
If someone under 18 years old provides fake information about their age, and it lends to Tune2Love unintentionally collecting their personal data, we will delete their account and private data as soon as we learn about this fact. If we delete your account for the reason of breaking our rules, we can keep the basic profile data to prevent your registration one more time.
13. JOB CANDIDATES, CONTRACTORS, AND VENDOR REPRESENTATIVES
For job applicants: The personal information that we process about you may differ, as it depends on the job you apply for. However, it will usually include the data provided to us as part of your job application process, such as your professional qualifications and reference information given to us by recruiters or other third parties. This information is needed only for the recruitment process which either results in employment or not.
For contractors and vendor representatives: Tune2Love has to process identification information and the data related to work. All the data we process is needed to support the performance of the services agreement, to establish, exercise, or defend potential legal claims.
Tune2Love can share personal information only with the service providers that help us with recruitment, technical data processing, or delivering our services. We store your data only if it is needed for those purposes.
14. Legal basis for data processing (EEA ONLY)
This section is here to inform you about the legal basis we use for each particular purpose of processing.
This section is applicable only to EEA-based users.
EEA includes all current member states of the European Union and the European Economic Area.
We process your personal data under the following legal bases:
14.1 your consent;
14.2 to perform our contract with you;
Under this legal basis we:
• Provide the Service
• Customize your experience
• Communicate with you regarding your use of our services
• Verify your identity
• Manage your account and provide you with customer support
• Provide you customer service and support
• Process your payments
14.3 for our legitimate interests, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data;
We rely on legitimate interests:
• to interact with you regarding your use of our Service
For example, we can send you notifications about new messages that you received. The legitimate interest we rely on in this regard is that we want to encourage you to use our services more often. Tune2Love also considers your potential benefits in this case.
• to analyze how users interact with our services
Our legitimate interest is to improve our services and hence we need to understand the requirements and preferences of our members. Then we are able to provide you with a better experience and more demanded features.
• to make our marketing smarter and more efficient
The legitimate interest we rely on for this processing regards promoting our services in a measured, efficient, and appropriate way.
• to personalize our ads
The legitimate interest we rely on for this processing regards promoting our services in an efficient and relevant manner.
14.4 to comply with legal obligations. Under this lawful basis, we, in particular, verify your identity.
However, if the changes we make are too serious, we will notify you before any material changes take effect. We will reach out to you via our applications or by email. According to the existing law, you have time to review the changes. If you go on using our services after receiving such notifications, it means that you accept the amended Policy.
16. How to contact us
By email: [email protected]
4034 Willow Grove Road
Camden, DE 19934